200-Hour Yoga Teacher Training
Teacher Training at Yoga Foundation of Fredericksburg is an immersive experience in education centered around the true heart of yoga. Catie Nawrocki and Kiersten Kennedy have joined forces to bring their wealth of combined knowledge, experience, and authentic passion for wellness to YOFO’s YTT Program. This intensive style of training is designed to educate and support students on an empowering learning path to becoming knowledgeable, confident, and inspired yoga teachers. With a shared mission to serve the community, we have created a well-balanced and comprehensive program that combines the traditional philosophies of yoga at its roots with modern science-based methodologies.
Kiersten and Catie, both highly passionate about teaching, infuse their educational backgrounds with their charismatic energies to provide a fun and unforgettable learning experience. YOFO’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training will provide the foundational building blocks for a deepened understanding of the practice of yoga both on the mat and as these concepts relate to life off the mat.
For more information, please contact Catie Nawrocki at (540) 223-3627 or [email protected].
HISTORY OF YOGA, TEACHINGS & PHILOSOPHY
- Historic events and the evolution of yoga from east to west
- Teachers and their influence on various styles of yoga
- Traditional texts, philosophies and concepts
- The Eight Limbs of Yoga
METHODOLOGY & TECHNIQUES FOR TEACHING
- Asanas with modifications and variations for beginner, intermediate and advanced students
- Asana modifications for special populations including pre/postnatal, seniors, teenagers and those with common physical limitations
- Yoga for Children
- The Art of Sequencing
- Adjusting & Assisting
- The science of Pranayama
- The science of Yoga Nidra
- The Six Branches of Integral Yoga as taught by Sri Swami Satchidananda
- The Art of Language in teaching
ANATOMY, PHYSIOLOGY & THE ENERGETIC BODY
- Functional human anatomy from both a western and eastern perspective
- Exploring Ayurvedic medicine, Chinese medicine, and holsitic medicine
- Chakras and the Energetic Body
- Physiological benefits of asana for both body and mind
ETHICS, LIFESTYLE & THE BUSINESS OF YOGA
- Concepts and common practices of yoga as a business
- Ethics for Yoga Teachers
- Yamas & Niyamas
- Living Yoga beyond teaching
Each training includes a day trip to Yogaville-Satchidananda Ashram
MEET YOUR INSTRUCTORS
E-RYT200, CYT, YACEP
Catie has been practicing and teaching yoga and meditation for over 15 years and has a deeply rooted passion for all things surrounding spiritual philosophy. In 2004, Catie resided at the Satchidananda Ashram, known as Yogaville, in Buckingham, VA, where she completed her 200-hour yoga teacher training (RYT-200) through the Integral Yoga Institute. Through the years, Catie has developed her educational background in children’s yoga, guided meditation, fitness, movement, Reiki, and other wellness centered practices. In 2014 she founded Latitude Yoga Co., in Stafford, VA and as the Lead Instructor for Latitude’s 200 Hour Yoga Teacher Training, Catie has guided nearly 50 trainees through the program. Known for her passion for service, sense of humor, and animated personality, Catie pours her energy and true love for the practice of yoga into every moment of her teaching. Honored to have the opportunity to share her gifts through such a powerful and purpose-filled practice, Catie is committed to her path as both teacher and lifelong student. As a supporter of Yoga Foundation from its inception, Catie is beyond excited to work together, along with friend and fellow trainer, Kiersten Kennedy, to provide this heart centered training experience for the Fredericksburg community.
“I am truly and deeply humbled by this practice more and more every day. To have been called into the role as a teacher of such a special and life-changing practice is a dream come true, and a responsibility that I take seriously…while remembering to not take life too seriously! It is always my intention to share these teachings, that have been passed down for generations, in a meaningful, purposeful, relatable, and FUN way! I hope to see you on the mat at YOFO in March and embark on this journey together!”
E-RYT200, YACEP, CMT
Kiersten Kennedy took her first yoga class with Ren Fields back in 2002 and has been practicing ever since. In 2012, she traveled to Samasati in Puerto Viejo, Costa Rica for an immersive 200 hour yoga teacher training with Peak Beings Yoga. Since then, she has deepened her connection to the Fredericksburg community through her passion for teaching mindful movement. In addition to being a 200 hour ERYT and YACEP, Kiersten holds certifications in Pilates, barre, and TRX. Also, she has been a practicing massage therapist and Reiki practitioner for over a decade. Kiersten believes that education is the doorway to change, and in addition to teaching classes, she teaches a wide range of workshops geared towards yoga teachers as well as those looking to deepen their knowledge of yoga. She focuses on teaching the importance of finding a balanced and sustainable movement practice that can be maintained through all stages of life. Over the years, her teaching style has evolved weaving together her passion for anatomy, meditation, and alignment. In 2016, she opened her own home-based studio, Flux Movement, with the mission to facilitate a place of peace, discovery, and empowerment through movement. In addition to teaching small group classes and private sessions, she often hosts healers and energy workers from the community to come and share their gifts.
“Yoga is a gift to the mind, body, and spirit. We must show up and do the work to receive the gift. I am honored to be included in this heartfelt training and I look forward to working alongside Catie and all of the teacher trainees. I believe that the deeper we can connect to ourselves and to others, the more we will have to offer. This is the beginning of an incredible journey.”
- Paid In Full: $2,600
- Early Bird Pricing: $2,250 ($350 savings) if paid in full by December 21, 2018.
- Payment Plan Pricing: $2,600 ($375 non-refundable deposit followed by 5 equal payments of $445 due before the start of each of the 5 modules.
- Special Discounts:
- Starting Dec 22, receive 10% off if pay in full ($260 savings).
- 10% off also available to military, veterans, seniors (65+), and college students following the payment plan (no combined discounts).
- To receive graduation certificate and eligibility to register with the Yoga Alliance, all five modules must be completed within one year. Space is limited. Sign up today!
Spring 2019 Training Schedule
- FREE Info Session: Get to know Catie and Kiersten in a complimentary class followed by Q&A!
- Dates: Friday, Jan. 11, 5:30 p
- INFO SESSION REGISTRATION
- Module 1: History, Teachings & Philosophy of Yoga | Exploring Ancient Texts & The 8 Limbs
- Dates: Mar. 8-10 8a-8p
- Module 2: Meditation, Pranayama, Yoga Nidra, and The Energetic Body | Asana Foundations | Trip to The Satchidananda Ashram ~ Yogaville
- Dates: Mar. 22-24, 8a-8p
- Module 3: Anatomy 1&2 with Kiersten, Methodology & Techniques for Teaching Part I | Foundations for Safe Sequencing | Asana 1 & 2
- Dates: Apr. 12-14, 8a-8p
- Module 4: Methodology and Techniques for Teaching Part II | Asana 3 & 4 | Practice Teaching | Art of Language | Verbal & Hands On Adjusting
- Dates: May 3-5, 8a-8p
- Module 5: Guiding From Both Knowledge & Heart | Leading Integration | Modifying for Special Populations | Advanced Teaching Techniques | Ethics, Lifestyle, & the Business of Yoga | GRADUATION!
- Dates: May 31- June 2, 8a-8p